Friday, July 13, 2012

a little risk

Ok, so a school sent me their field manual draft. It looked very good, they borrowed some stuff from other manuals in the US, which is fine. But there was a little thing......a cut and paste about discrimination and equality which mentioned gender, disability, race, etc including sexual orientation. -homosexuality is illegal here, there tends  to be no mention in any school so should I point this out? hmmmmm. Heck, schools have it in the US but don't practice it; no, after all,  I'm so used to seeing the statement it made sense to me. So it stayed. This will likely be the template for all social work programs here since it's the first field manual. Of course it is a draft they will go over several more times, let's see if it remains. Maybe I could write an article about it!!

Well, this will be my first weekend in quite awhile that no friend is around to do something with.  I am going to venture out of the compound on foot! I will not take a purse and I will hide wallet, $, etc in all different places on myself.  I do see people walking I have no intention of being out anywhere near dark. Safety of this seems to depend on who you ask.  I'm comfortable walking in the downtown city from work so I will use my "standard" NYC I belong here" attitude.  A few other kids came up to me to touch my hair again, maybe my hair has magic power to only attract good people :-).  I'll let you all know how it goes.
I need to get out before I run out of photos and people lose interest here.  Photos in the next post. see ya. Still annoyed that My Verona is closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment