Tuesday, July 10, 2012

There are all sorts of little things I am learning that I wish I knew when I first arrived--if you eat bananas cut the tips off; chickens are fed dried fish so watch out for eggs; yogurt is runny, there is some brand of what claimed to be soy milk on the container but had smelled like sour cream and was full of lumps, there was no English on the carton, Arabic, French, but it was called Soy and the store guy told me that's what it was. It was not out-dated either. I was told today by the landlord who puts lemon in his beer and I've seen him with ice also that Castle is decent beer and light Castle is only 4% alcohol and tastes decently. And now, B. at the office told me to never buy the 6 liter containers of water...which I've been doing for 2 months now. For the second time I became  ill Sunday a little bit but more so yesterday. (don't worry, just intestinal) She said it could be the water that I've been drinking, that I should never buy those large containers, she sticks to water under the Kilimanjaro label (owned by coca cola as most sodas seem to be here) and only buys the small bottles, then I'm talking to the landlord and I told him I was home yesterday and will stay home and rest  tomorrow. He says that I should NEVER buy that 6 liter bottle of water, I should only buy the Kili 1.5 liters or smaller.  Well, now I know. He gave me several bottles to tide me over. B said I can boil the larger water and use it but never drink it directly. So I guess getting sick just 2 times in 2 months of drinking the stuff is really pretty good!

And I've been so careful, washing and peeling fruit and veggies (staying away from tomatoes and all salads even the lovely looking ones with good looking tomatoes and red onions sliced small in a vinegary dressing with herbs. Fresh fruit peeled and cooked veggies or peeled and cooked. Well, I'm feeling a little better, watching what I eat since Sunday, Love that melba toast and so glad I found some here.  I think just need some rest for a bit though I've been sitting for 2 months pretty much with my face in my computer.  Oh well, it's good to learn something new and that it's just the water, thank goodness not anything I need. Oh. wait. :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment